‘Adventure journey may hurt you but monotony will kill you. So do it now.’
A serene town in South Sikkim, Jorethang sprawls on the foothills below which River Rangeet flows. Perched at an altitude of 300m above sea level with a pleasant climate, Jorethang is must visit spot.
It is to be noted that it is the right place for those who seek an escape from hustle and bustle of the city life.
Imagine you are strolling on a place surrounded by a meandering river! Amazing to hear it, Right?
How to Reach Jorethang?
Nearest Airport– Bagdogra Airport is the nearest airport which is located near to Siliguri town. You can opt for the most affordable Siliguri car service to reach Jorethang.
Distance from Siliguri to Jorethang– 83.3km
Nearest Railhead– New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP)
If you are in Gangtok, you will get several shared jeeps up to Jorethang.
Distance from Gangtok to Jorethang– 83km
Jorethang as a Paragliding Spot In Sikkim
‘Not only is a town, Jorethang a paragliding site too!’
South Sikkim serves as a home of exhilarating paragliding activity. If you are here, you must perform this activity for an adrenaline rush. Below, we have mentioned the information of paragliding in South Sikkim-
Take off Point- Chakung Durpiney Dara (1700 meter)
Landing Zone– Jorethang River Beach (300 meters)
Flight Duration-15-20 minutes
Flight Cost– INR 5200 per person
Safety Tips for Future Paragliders!!
- If you are new in paragliding, you should do so with an experienced instructor.
- Do new move with height and away from the ridge.
- Don’t become overconfident.
- Check your all equipment which is necessary for safe paragliding before takeoff.
- Showing off unnecessarily could lead to accidents, so you must know your limitations and not push yourselves excessively.
- Don’t depend totally on your glider that may be impervious to turbulence because it’s a safe wing.
- Don’t fly in such bad weather conditions that your skill level can’t handle.
- Always carry a knife with you while paragliding, as you never know when you may need to cut yourself to free from an entanglement of wires.
- Most importantly, always take advice from experienced paragliders about various aspects like launching off, navigating, landing, steering, and other safety issues.
Avail car rental in Siliguri to explore the captivating beauty of Jorethang and its surrounding place.
Q. What are the best hotels to stay in Jorethang?
A. The best hotels to stay in Jorethang are Hotel Rangeet Valley, hotel aanie heem, Hotel Pushpanjali etc.
Q. Is there any festival organized in Jorethang?
A. Yes, each year, the biggest Jorethang Maghe Mela is organized in January month.