‘We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us!’
Whenever we are thinking of any trip, we always consider Shimla, Nainital etc and its surrounding places. Why we should go for Himachal-Pradesh, while North-Bengal itself is a beauty!
Lava and Lolegaon are two quaint hamlets in Kalimpong which are perfect for a remarkable tour!
Go for NJP to Lava car rental services for an amazing trip either with friends or family.
What Next! Ways to Reach…
You can reach either via Kalimpong or from Siliguri.
• If you are visiting Kalimpong, you can make a great day trip to Lava and Lolegaon from there.
• And if you want to go from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP), you will get several shared jeeps to Lava.
• There are two bus-stands available; one is Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand and PC Mittal bus stand, from where you will get several buses as well.
Now, Know about the Distances…
NJP to Lava- 105kms
NJP to Lolegaon- 125kms
Kalimpong to Lolegaon-30km
Lolegaon – A Quaint Village
Perched at an altitude of 5,520ft, Lolegaon is a peaceful hamlet of Kalimpong. Surrounded by dense forests, Lolegaon offers captivating views of Kanchenjunga range. You can witness the beauty of a wide range of flowering plantations and also a great place for bird watchers.
What to See Here!!
• At the center of the village, there is an Eco-Park, where there are few small tea stalls present.
• At a short distance from Eco-Park, the most popular attraction is The Canopy Walk. It is a 180-meters long hanging wooden bridge that goes through the dense jungle.
• After Canopy walk, you can visit the Jhandi Dara Sunrise Viewpoint where you get the mind-blowing view of sunrise amongst the Himalayan range.
• Another one is VIP Bungalow View Point which has nice viewing galleries.
Lava – A Serene Village Nestled In Forest
Located at an altitude of 7000ft., Lava is a quaint village which blows your mind.
What to See Here!!
• Lava is the gateway for the famous Neora Valley National Park which is surrounded by coniferous trees and is full of exotic flora and fauna.
• Lava also attracts many trekkers. Trekking from a place called Gompa Dara will give you the opportunity to see many different birds like Blue Robins, Fulvetta, Finch, Wren Babblers etc.
• Close to the local market, there is another attraction, named Lava Monastery. The ambiance of the entire monastery is serene and really wonderful.
• You should take a jeep to visualize the charm of another attraction of Lava, is Changey Waterfall. You will be amazed by exploring the lavishing waterfall gushing down from high above and disappearing into the lush foliage below.
Approx Taxi Fare…
• From NJP, the fare for Lava in a small reserved car via Kalimpong is Rs. 3,000/-.
• A round day trip from Kalimpong covering Lava & Lolegaon will cost about Rs 2,700/- in a small vehicle.
A user also read: Serving Sikkim Authentic Delicacies
We hope this above-mentioned information will help you to travel hassle-free and to make it a memorable one!
Q. Which is the best time to visit Lolegaon?
A. The best time to visit Lolegaon is from September to June.
Q. Is there any opening hours for the Nature Interpretation Center?
A. Yes, the opening hours of Nature Interpretation Center is from 8 am – 12noon, 1 pm – 4 pm.