‘Every destination is just not a place, but a unique way to seeing things.’
A Mesmerizing Trip in Zuluk- The Old Silk Route!!
Have you ever heard about this place called Zuluk in Sikkim?
If you are looking to explore offbeat destination in Sikkim where you can enjoy the real beauty of nature, then Zuluk is the perfect place to go!
Perched at an altitude of 9,500ft, Zuluk is a serene village surrounded by snowy-mountains. The major attraction of Zuluk is its eye catching zig-zag path, which is also called Zuluk loop. Trust me, when you stand at the top from Zuluk loop, you see a never-ending road with numerous turns which make it more enchanting to watch.
Isn’t it amazing? Yes it is for sure!
How Can You Reach Zuluk?
Nearest Airports- There are two airports are available near to Zuluk which are Bagdogra Airport and Pakyong Airport. From both airports, you will get several shared taxis or hired cabs to reach Zuluk.
Nearest Railhead- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) is the nearest railhead of Zuluk. Then you can avail NJP car rental services to reach Zuluk at a pocket-friendly rate.
The Distance from NJP to Zuluk- 144km
The approx rate of NJP to Zuluk car fare- 900 per person
Requirement of Permit for Zuluk Trip!!
As Zuluk is located close to the China border, this is why one needs to take a special permit to reach here. There are two check-posts through which you can visit Zuluk, either through Gangtok or Rongli. To create permit you have to provide below documents:
- 2 Passport Size photos
- Valid ID with Address Proof
Best Time to Visit Zuluk!!
Zuluk looks astonishingly beautiful throughout the year-
- During winters, the entire stretch is covered in white snow. But, if there are chances of heavy snowfall, you will not get the permit to explore.
- In summers, you will be able to explore the entire green valley.
- And in monsoon, you will witness a fresh and lush green valley.
So, it ultimately depends on your preference that which shade you love the most!
Wait! If you want to go through break-journey from NJP to Zuluk, you can halt for a night in Gangtok!
Avail NJP to Gangtok car rental options through online booking for a hassle free trip. Then you can book a taxi from Gangtok to reach Zuluk.
The Distance between Gangtok to Zuluk– 91 km
Have a look on route map from Gangtok to Zuluk…
- Head north on Indira Bypass Rd towards Lower Sichey Link Rd
- Sharp right at Local Taxi Stand, Sichey onto Indira Bypass Rd/Upper Sichey Rd
- Turn left at Ruchi Diagnostic Clinic onto NH10
- Sharp right onto Bhanu Path Rd
- Slight left to stay on Bhanu Path Rd
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Jawaharlal Nehru Rd/Ridge Rd
- Turn right at Chadmari Shiv Temple onto Jawaharlal Nehru Rd/JN Rd
- Turn right onto Jawaharlal Nehru Rd
- Turn left to stay on Jawaharlal Nehru Rd
- Slight right
- Continue onto Dzuluk-Nathang Valley Part I Rd
- Zuluk, Sikkim
The road journey from Gangtok to Zuluk is really spellbinding!
Zuluk Astounding Nearby Places to Explore!!
There are numerous sightseeing places in Zuluk to explore-
- Zuluk Loop
- Nag Temple
- Thambi View Point
- Tukla Valley
- Gnathang valley
A Pleasant Stay in Zuluk!!
There is no better place than a homestay to stay comfortably.
The most affordable homestays in Zuluk are-
- Zuluk Sojourn Homestay
- Mukhia Home Stay Zuluk
- Palzor Home Stay
‘All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveller is unaware.’ -Martin Buber