‘The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.’-Henry David
At the foothills of the Himalayas, Darjeeling stands proud as its gateway at an elevation of 8,598m. A backpacker’s delight and a honeymooner’s dream, Darjeeling is a wonderful canvas of natural beauty. Alluring visitors’ mind & soul with its picturesque beauty lush tea-gardens and majestic snow-capped peaks, Darjeeling’s panoramas are captivating in every way.
It will surely give you the reason to fall in love!
Travel to Darjeeling in Many Ways…
The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport, Siliguri which is around 87 km away from Darjeeling. At the airport, you will get several hired taxis or cabs to reach Darjeeling which almost takes 3 hrs.
The nearest railhead is New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) at a distance of 70 km from Darjeeling. Then you can opt for the most reliable travel agency in Siliguri to make your trip remarkable one.
There are many buses are available to Darjeeling from Siliguri and Gangtok. Even, you can also go for self-drive to enjoy the beauty of the green hills and winding roads on the way.
Now, Don’t Leave Darjeeling before You-
- Ghoom Monastery: With prayer flags fluttering around its surroundings, the Ghoom Monastery houses a towering 15-feet high statue of the Maitreya Buddha.
- Padmaja Himalayan Zoological Park: Perched at an elevation of 7,000 ft, this is the largest high altitude zoo in India. It is famous for promote a conservation programme for endangered species of animals.
- Japanese Peace Pagoda: Situated on Jalapahar Hill, the Japanese Peace Pagoda holiest temple in Darjeeling, which showcases the four forms of Lord Buddha.
- Mahakal Temple: It is the temple where Buddhism and Hinduism come together. The chanting will fill your soul as well as your mind.
- Darjeeling Mall, Chowrasta: The heart and soul of Darjeeling town, the Darjeeling Mall, Chowrasta is the ultimate spot which you can’t afford to miss.
- The captivating sun rise from Tiger Hill
- Take a joyous ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway
- Glimpses of panoramic vistas from the Darjeeling Ropeway
- Memorable Tour to Tea Factory
- Climb away at the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
- Tibetan Thukpa
- Aaloo Achar
- Sael Roti
- Hand knitted items at New Mahakal Market
- Cheap electronics at Chowk Bazaar
- Carpets at Tibetan Self Help Center
- Handicrafts & Souvenirs at Chowrasta
- Tea at the small cafes
- Woollen clothes at Dragon Market
Momo, Mall Road and Scenic beauty of hilly mountains…Let’s plan a vacation in the land of golden beverage, Darjeeling!
Q. Which is the best time to visit Darjeeling?
A. The best time to visit Darjeeling is from October to March.
Q. Which are the best hotels to stay in Darjeeling?
A. The best hotels in Darjeeling are MAYFAIR, SINCLAIRS, Sanderling Hotel etc where you live very peacefully during your trip.