Darjeeling is not just a simple hill station which is unexplored till now. It has lovely scenic landscapes, villages, and rich diversity of flora and fauna. Starting from lake to monasteries and sightseeing places, you can surely enjoy a lot here without returning to your home. However, if you are one of the first-time travelers to Darjeeling then here is something you need to know.
Visiting Darjeeling for the first time? Here are a few tips to know!
- You must cover certain destinations like Tiger Hills, Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop and more at early morning or during sunset.
- Do not miss the toy train ride and as it gets booked fast, so, book in advance.
- There are a few small places nearby Darjeeling which you must not miss.
- Wear a sports shoe or walking shoe as loads of walking is needed here.
- Do not fall for misguiding tour guides.
- Darjeeling cuisines are usually tangible so if you want to have something else then restaurants or hotels are available.
- Always carry your water.
- Have warm clothes as the day will be old and the nights will be chilly.
- Do not miss the scenic road trip from Siliguri to Darjeeling.
- April to June is the best summertime and October to March is the best month.
- Sightseeing and relaxation are the ideal activities in Darjeeling.
- July and September are not advisable for a tour due to heavy rainfall.
- Being a romantic destination, a honeymoon is ideal here.
- There are budget hotels with suitable accommodations.
One important thing for you!
We all know that our belongings are our responsibility. Though Darjeeling is safe, your safety is your duty.
- Do not trust everyone on your way
- Stick to your itinerary but be flexible
- Keep your travel insurance ready
If you are one of the first-time Darjeeling travelers, then do not worry as these tips will help you to enjoy your tour to the fullest.